- Obsolete Date 01-10-2023
- End of support date 01-10-2028
Are you looking for the efficiency of deduplicating secondary storage without the constraints of a purpose built appliance? If so, the HPE StoreOnce VSA meets your needs with the flexibility of a virtual appliance. You get all the features and data protection software compatibility of the purpose built StoreOnce Systems in software defined secondary storage. In addition, the portability and availability features of vSphere and Hyper-V provide added flexibility and resiliency. Up to 500 TB of usable capacity can be configured in 1 TB increments. A license server simplifies license management for large or dynamic StoreOnce VSA deployments. Intelligent Federated Management further simplifies operations with multiple StoreOnce VSA instances managed through a single console. StoreOnce replication and Cloud Bank Storage enable backup data to be moved offsite for added protection and to low cost object storage services for low cost, long term retention.
- StoreOnce VSA 4.2 adds further support for deployment in high availability VMware environments.
- VSA 4.2 enables automated VSA failover from a failed to a standby host when using IP and FC data connections. This limits the risk of unavailability, due to host failure, to minutes.
- A new virtual appliance, the StoreOnce High Availability Manager, makes it simple to manage StoreOnce VSAs in high availability configurations.
Combined with StoreOnce Federated Management the StoreOnce VSA License Server allows single console management of large StoreOnce VSA deployments.
For dynamic or large StoreOnce VSA installations, license management can be time consuming; the StoreOnce VSA License Server saves time by centralizing license management. Licenses are added to the AutoPass License Server to create a pool of capacity which is allocated as needed to connected VSAs.
The AutoPass License Server allows licenses from decommissioned StoreOnce VSAs to be returned to the license server and recycled for use on new StoreOnce VSAs to reduce licensing costs.
Centralized HPE StoreOnce VSA License Management for Large and Dynamic Deployments
StoreOnce VSA 1 TB freeware to support extended evaluation and non-critical, self-supported product use that can be easily upgraded to add HPE Support, Cloud Bank Storage, encryption and up to 500 TB capacity. See www.hpe.com/storage/freebackup.
Evaluate all the HPE StoreOnce VSA features with trialware that enables up to 90 days usage. Purchase a license to continue usage with all configurations maintained. See https://www.hpe.com/storage/TryStoreOnceVSA.
This is a 10x increase on previous generation StoreOnce VSA enabling not just more capcity but more performance, more streams, more replication sources and more stores.
A StoreOnce VSA can be configured with just 4 TB of capacity and grow to 500 TB in increments of 1 TB with no price penalty for growing as more backup storage is required.
Other virtual appliances for deduplicating backup storage are available but none offer 500 TB capacity; in fact StoreOnce VSA can be 5x larger than the next largest virtual deduplicating appliance.
Software Defined Backup Storage of up to 500 TB with HPE StoreOnce VSA
Run HPE StoreOnce VSA on VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V* or both with a single console to manage VSAs on both hypervisors. Note: Hyper-V support is not currently supported with VSA version 4.2 code
Choice of Hypervisor and Evaluation Options
Use multiple VSAs to define different performance backup targets e.g. large capacity, slower performance VSA or smaller capacity, high performance VSA to meet more demanding backup windows.
Software defined performance with resources allocated to scale throughput, capacity, streams and number of backup targets as required to meet backup windows and restore SLAs.
Flexible capacity addition with new capacity added in 1 TB increments or any multiple of 1 TB. Licenses added directly to the VSA instance or from a HPE StoreOnce VSA License Server.
Flexible Performance and Capacity Configuration
HPE StoreOnce VSA High Availability Deployment with VMware vSphere
Learn how to obtain, deploy, and configure an HPE StoreOnce VSA within a highly available VMware vSphere environment.
Data Protection. No Limits.
Learn how Marriott, Mansfield Oil and Shields Health protect their data.
Recovery Manager Central 6.2.0 for VMware – Protection Groups
This video provides an overview of the RMC Protection Groups, introduced in V6.2.0 for easier management of protection jobs and schedules and shows you how to create and manage these groups.
- HPE StoreOnce VSA 4TB LTU
- HPE StoreOnce VSA 4TB E-LTU
- HPE StoreOnce VSA 10TB LTU
- HPE StoreOnce VSA 10TB E-LTU
- HPE StoreOnce VSA 20TB LTU
- HPE StoreOnce VSA 20TB E-LTU
- HPE StoreOnce VSA 50TB LTU
- HPE StoreOnce VSA 50TB E-LTU
- HPE StoreOnce VSA Upgrade 4TB to 10TB LTU
- HPE StoreOnce VSA Upgrade 4TB to 10TB E-LTU
- HPE StoreOnce VSA Upgrade 10TB to 20TB LTU
- HPE StoreOnce VSA Upgrade 10TB to 20TB E-LTU
- HPE StoreOnce VSA Upg 20-50TB LTU
- HPE StoreOnce VSA Upg 20-50TB E-LTU
- Oracle data protection: HPE StoreOnce System for Oracle Recovery Manager (RMAN) brochure
- Wiley Le Stockage multicloud pour les nuls
- Stockage Flash pour la prochaine étape de la transformation digitale
- Well-known retail group chooses ‘pay-as-you-use’ route for HPE 3PAR refresh
- HPE Reference Configuration for HPE Cloud Bank Storage with Microsoft Azure
- HPE Recovery Manager Central (RMC) data sheet
- Better data availability for the Always-On Enterprise: HPE StoreOnce Systems with Veeam brochure
- Optimizing SAP HANA data protection: HPE StoreOnce plug-in for SAP HANA backup and recovery brochure
- HPE DL380 server increases coffee solutions supplier’s security
- Enhance data protection: HPE Storage and Commvault Software brochure
- How to Meet the Data Protection Challenges of the All-Flash Data Center
- Protecting Microsoft SQL Server with HPE StoreOnce for Microsoft SQL Server brochure
- Wiley Multicloud for dummies
- Protect Your SAP HANA Data
- West London College basis future growth on HPE technology
- The Aberdeen eBook
- Adaptive Data Reduction—HPE 3PAR StoreServ Storage with Zero Detect, Deduplication, Compression, and Data Packing brochure
- Die Bedeutung von Multi-Cloud
- HPE DL380 server increases coffee solutions supplier’s security
- Data management that works for you – HPE Nimble Storage with Veeam infographic
- Overcome data protection challenges in today’s dynamic IT environment ebook
- HPE StoreOnce VSA
- Maricopa Sheriff's Office streamlines 911 response with virtualized desktops – case study
- HPE Service Credits Menu technical white paper
- Infographie : La gestion des données qui vous convient – HPE Nimble Storage avec Veeam
- Управление данными, работающее на вас — инфографика по решению HPE Nimble Storage с ПО Veeam
- HPE Service Credits data sheet
- HPE Reference Configuration for virtualized SAP HANA deployment on HPE 3PAR storage
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.